Broadband Internet connections are changing the way people go to work. Imagine not having to sit in a traffic jam, and just
getting up in the morning and starting to work from your
computer at home. This is not science fiction. If you already have a fast Internet connection, all you need to do is add a
web cam and some video conferencing software and you can enjoy the benefits of telecommuting.
If you are not sure how you can benefit by telecommuting and using web conferencing, consider these points:ing each went to
one of the ceremonies and watched the other one on laptops which were logged onto a video conferencing link. Both parents and
both girls were satisfied.
1. You can save time and money by avoiding physical commuting It is not getting any easier to get through road traffic or the congestion in public transport, whether you travel by bus, train or plane. And it is not getting any cheaper to commute. Should you opt to telecommute and do your work at home, or in any place of your convenience, then you will save a lot of time and probably a lot of money as well.
2. You can be a full participant at work Web conferencing gives you much more than mere telephone calls or simple email. You can "attend" meetings and even make PowerPoint presentations right from your home or satellite office. Many web conferencing systems also allow online application sharing, which will enable you to work on a wide variety of documents that are actually residing on computers in a distant main office. You can work in collaboration with your colleagues who are miles away.
3. Should you get ill or injured, web conferencing will let you get back to work sooner You donít need a full recovery to start working if you are able to do it from your own home. Work in your pajamas or work from your bedside, nobody will mind. If you have a good conferencing system you can participate in the work of your office without showing up physically. The next time you are ill, you may be able to gain valuable time by starting your work at home.
4. It will make maternity leaves easier to handle Similar to incapacitation by illness is the case of someone who needs to take time off due to pregnancy. Telecommuting with web conferencing is an ideal win-win solution for the employer and the employee.
5. You can work in informal, comfortable attire When you are working from your home there is no need to impress anyone with your clothing. Dress as you like and concentrate on getting the job done right.
6. Telecommuting can work for a wide range of professions The first telecommuter that I ever met was a software programmer who used to "commute" to work in another county by a then-very-rare fast Internet connection. Now, you donít need to be a software engineer to get in on telecommuting. Trainers can train other employees while working at home. Sales reps can meet their prospects online. Teachers can even give classes to students in remote locations thanks to web and video conferencing. And yes, programmers can continue to work from the comfort of their homes. Other professionals such as psychologists, psychiatrists, insurance agents and lawyers could also take advantage of the possibilities offered by telecommuting. So, if you would like to eliminate the troubles of physical commuting, consider the benefits offered by telecommuting and shop around for a conferencing system that will allow you to work from home or the place that is most convenient for you.
MegaMeeting.com is a leading provider of 100% browser-based Video & Web Conferencing solutions, complete with real time audio and video capabilities. Being browser based and working on all major operating systems Ė Windows, Mac & Linux; MegaMeeting.com provides universal access without the need to download, install or configure software. MegaMeeting.com web conferencing products and services include powerful collaboration tools that accommodate robust Video & Web Conferences, including advanced features such as desktop/application sharing, i.e. Word and Excel documents and PowerPoint presentations without the need to upload any files. MegaMeeting is ideal for multi-location web based meetings, virtual classrooms, employee trainings, product demonstrations, company orientation, customer support, product launches and much more.
For more information please visit www.MegaMeeting.com or call (818) 783-4311.